Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beef Picadillo aka Giniling

Nothing tastes better than good old Pinoy home cooking. No, I didn't cook. I bought this ulam from Kusina Filipina in Seattle. Kusina Filipina is not a fancy restaurant. It is more of the typical canteen/cafeteria back in the Philippines. Will post pics and more info in another entry.

For lunch today, I had Beef Picadillo which is like Giniling. Actually, it is just like Giniling. I wonder what the difference is between the two.

It was just ok. Nothing special. Like I said, it is just normal Pinoy carinderia food-- the kind you cook when you have no time to prepare but you know you have to eat so you do it anyway. I would prefer though if it had potatoes (I love potatoes). The beef was not grounded well, it was bunched up in big pieces. It was a bit salty too, for my taste. I like my giniling a little sweet and sour. But it was Filipino food nevertheless, and being the homesick girl that I am, I enjoyed it anyway.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Beef Picadillo
6USD (combo with another viand and rice)

Kusina Filipina
3201 Beacon Avenue S
Seattle, WA
206-322-9433

*here is pinoycook's version of beef picadillo. Looks yummier!

No comments: