Saturday, June 7, 2008

midnight snack

I'm seriously craving for a burger right now. A double cheeseburger with bacon to be more specific. But it is already 1AM and the idea of driving to McDonald's just to get one sandwich does not sound very appealing to me. I wonder why McDo or KFC doesn't deliver in the US? And why most fast food chains (like Domino's and Papa John's) charge a fee for their deliveries. Seriously! Unlike in my good old Motherland where I can always get a ChickenJoy any time of the day and right at my doorstep. Small stuff like that make me miss home even more.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

So I just had to settle for cereal. Good thing I was able to buy Carnation Evaporated Milk from the pseudo-Filipino grocery. I don't like fresh milk on my cereal (and anything for that matter). It tastes weird. It doesn't have any taste, especially those low/ non-fat ones that are so "in" right now.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The 357mL Carnation Evap costs 1.99USD, about the same price as a 1.9L fresh milk in American groceries. It is certainly more economical to buy the fresh milk BUT taste-wise, the Evap is worth every extra penny. And pound.


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

I wonder where this particular can of milk was made. It doesn't say the place of manufacture, only the distributor here in the US so it must be imported from somewhere else. Why does it matter? It really doesn't, but for me, it does. The experience of eating cereal with Evap would have been more genuine if the milk came from the Philippines.

But the milk did come "from contented cows". Glad to know no cows were unhappy in the making of the Evap. :-P

No comments: